Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Love. Rest. Peace.

Matthew 11:28 - 30 (The Message)


'Are you tired?  Worn out?  Burned out on religion?  
Come to me.  Get away with me and you'll recover your life.  
I'll show you how to take a real rest.  
Walk with me and work with me - watch how I do it. 
Learn the unforced rhythms of grace.  
I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you.  
Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly.'  


-Jesus


I love this.  I find it so inviting.  Graceful.  Restful.  Sincere.  


It feels like so much more life (relationally, peace) , and yet so much less life (accomplishment, running around like a chicken with my head cut off).  I want to live freely and lightly.  Like a spring breeze.  Is this impossible in this world?  It feels like it, but maybe that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment