Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tomorrow.

Tomorrow I turn 30.  3. 0.  Weird.  


I've been doing a lot of reflecting lately, partly because I've had a pretty crazy year (when I take a moment to stop and look back on it), and partly because last week I had to tell 'my story' to my Vantage Point group.  (My mom asked me which story that was.  It's the whole story, as in the story about my life, and where God's been at work throughout my life.)  It's actually been pretty fun to look back, and it's also neat that it almost perfectly coincides with this momentous occasion.  What I've realized the most is that God has been at work in my life, for all of my life.  Isn't it funny that we don't see that when we go through stuff, but later when we stop to reflect, it's often so obvious?  That whole saying about hindsight being 20/20 is pretty true.


So as much as it's been cool to see and acknowledge God's presence and hand at work in my life the past 30 years, it also challenges me to be more aware of God's presence and hand at work right now.  It's happening.  History tells me that it can't not be happening.  But where?  What am I learning, how am I growing, that I don't even know right now?  It also makes me excited for a year from now when again, I'll be looking back and seeing God's hand in everything - my situations, relationships, decisions that I'm living in today.  


I also find it so comforting that this is truth.  That even though I can't see it always, God is doing stuff in my life, in the lives of the people around me, and in the world in general.  It's comforting that I'm never actually 'on my own', to make my own way in the world, but that God is always at work, leading, guiding, preparing.


And the same goes for you.  Be encouraged by that.  God is doing great things in you.  Take a moment to think about the journey you have been and are on.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks girl...I am excited for you and your future and the 'next 30 years' I think that is country song...God is so present and working in your life...in all of our lives... thanks for the reminder to stop think and reflect on the journey we are all on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Corinne!

    ReplyDelete